Shawn Hosner, co-owner of Thinkspace Gallery and amateur chef extraordinaire will be preparing all of the brunch food that will be offered at our Sunday Meetup. I have known Shawn personally for over 8 years, and her cooking is always awesome and she hosts the most amazing parties, so it is a privilege and an honor that she will be helping out with our little WordPress learning party!
Check out all the recipes on her Pinterest and drool!
We are planning to have the first Sunday morning meetup sometime August 25th at Thinkspace Gallery at 6009 Washington Blvd., in Culver City. My good friend and gallery co-owner, Shawn, will be catering brunch at our meetup and the meetup will be sponsored by (mt) Media Temple, Thinkspace Gallery, Desktop Server, and Dabs Myla.
The meetup is intended for artists, performers, and freelancers wanting to build their own website portfolio with WordPress, and there will be no fee to attendand everyone is a volunteer. HTML, CSS, and web programming are not necessary to know, but will be helpful if you do have some familiarity. Since the workshops will be hands on, we recommend that you bring a laptop or take copious amounts of notes and practice right away. There will not be internet access at the venue, so please be prepared to work on your computer locally, which we will show you how to set up at the first meeting. If you would like to attend, please do the following 3 steps:
- Please signup for an account on meetup.com if you don’t have one already:
- Join our group to be notified of the date and time of the meetup and important announcements, also RSVP right away once the meetup is announced, as seating is limited:
- If you are on facebook, you may join our online community and interact at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wpartists/
The below list of software is recommended to download and install before our first meetup, so we can get to the fun parts. All of the software, with the exception of Desktop Server, will be optional, but you are welcome to use your own software to accomplish the same tasks.
- Web Server: Desktop Server
- Graphics Software: Photoshop CC
- Text/HTML Editor: Sublime 2, Notepad++, Dreamweaver
- Web Browser: Firefox with FireBug and Colorzilla Extensions installed